• Make sure you have the correct aligner for top or bottom teeth – the upper set has a “U,” the lower set has an “L.”
• Insert either aligner first. Gently push aligner over your front teeth.
Apply equal pressure to the tops of your right and leftmolars (back teeth) until aligner snaps into place.
• Don’t bite aligners into place. This could damage them.
• Remember to change your aligners on time, as prescribed by your doctor, to keep your treatment on track.
• Place your fingertip on the inside of either of your back molars. Slowly pull aligner away from molars.
• Do the same thing on the other side before completely removing aligner.
• Once the aligner is free from your molars, work your way forward with your fingertips to slowly and gently slide the aligner away from your teeth.
Place one aligner in the case. Turn the other aligner 180° so the aligners face opposite ways.
Position aligners so they interlock.
Wear your aligners per your doctor’s instructions, usually 20–22 hours per day.
Remove your aligners before eating or drinking anything.
Clean your aligners each time before putting them in with a soft bristle toothbrush and water.
Brush and floss after you finish a meal or beverage. Don’t have access to a brush? Rinse your mouth out with water.
Congratulations for joining more than 5 million people who’ve also embraced their future with a smile.*
*The Invisalign system has been used to treat over 5 million people. Data on file at Align Technology, as of November, 2017.